Friday, August 4, 2017

Sunday on the Farm with Kids and Grandkids

Coffee on the Porch
Always a special time !


Farm work



Lunch 
We had chicken fried steak, cream potatoes, green beans, corn and hot rolls - Jake's request for his birthday.  



 Dirt Cake - Jake's request for his birthday cake!

McKaylea had crocheted this small scarf and left it in the car.  Jake decided to wear it as a hat!


Visiting Grammy
She was in a good mood - in fact, kind of ornery!!




What a wonderful time and very special to have all on the farm!  Funny stories are told and memories made which are priceless!!

Funny stories:  
Jake threw a rock in the back of the Gator They were picking up rocks).  It hit McKaylea on the head.  She demonstrated on Melodi how it hit her.

I made 2 cans of frozen orange juice to have and put it in a blue pitcher (one I always used for tea).  Amberlea and Melvin both poured some,  thinking it was tea.  I suppose I better not change the routine!!  In fact, Amberlea, wanting unsweet tea poured sweet tea first, then the orange juice.  She decided that was a sign she better have water!!  Third time is charm???

While going to see Grammy, we passed Early Childhood Center for Ada.  Jake jokingly called it Early Childhood Corrections.  He called his Mom in a vehicle behind us and "out of the blue" asked her if he would have qualified as a baby for the Early Childhood Corrections.  She asked, "What???". She had not been privy to the conversation leading up to that question; however, I think she is used to this by now!!

Jett asked Jake if he stayed home from OKC so he would not be a "third wheel" for Mat's date.

Emma commented that I needed to write one of the stories in my notebook like I always do!
(I take a small notebook with me when we are together and especially on trips and write in it to remember funny stories and happenings!)





No comments:

Post a Comment