Tuesday, February 23, 2016

How Things Can Come Back to "Haunt" You!!

You know the old saying, "Things can come back to haunt you".  Well, what Mel had taught Buttercup came back to me (not him)!!
Buttercup knows how to push a gate open with her nose or use her chest.  I wondered when this might present an issue.  Needless to say, I was the one to find out!!
Mel was sick so I fed the horses for him on this cold rainy morning.  I fed her feed in the trough (so she would be eating on it) and to keep her hay dry, I put it in the shed.  With my hands full of hay, I managed to open the gate just enough for me to go through.  Instead of latching it entirely, I pushed it to, with only a very small amount of opening.  When I came out of the shed.. well, you guessed it!  Buttercup had opened the gate enough to go out of it!  She went to the barn to check on another horse.  (She likes to be able to see the other horses and doesn't like it at all if she can't see them!).  Of course, the halter was not in the barn, it was on a post down the lane from yesterday.  Finally, after getting the halter (in the rain) and driving back (in the rain all of this on the Kawasaki Mule), I put it on her and led her to her pasture.  Of all the days for her to practice opening a gate, this was definitely not the one!!
By the time I arrived back in the garage, I was drenched!
The picture is a little blurry.  Mel took this picture with his "flip phone".  He told me he would take another one if I would put my wet clothes back on.  Cold and wet, I was definitely not interested in doing that for a clear picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment