Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Day in OKC with Amberlea and Jett

An Affair of the Heart was on Friday, October 22, the day Mel was flying in from his golf trip. Amberlea and I decided we would go since I would be in town to get Mel. When I went to get Amberlea and Jett for our day together, Amberlea had pumpkin bread baking in the oven. In just a short time it was ready and the Elliott family and I enjoyed the delicious warm bread! Great job Amber!
It was a very rainy day and we did get a litle wet! We had the challenge of getting to and from the car without getting muddy and wet. We became quite adept in finding gravel or grass on which to walk.
We enjoyed seeing many crafts for sale. Jett enjoyed some of the items. After going through 5 buildings the crowd was such that it was hard to manuever around people and still see the items for sale so it was time to leave. Our purchases were a chilled dip dish and a plug-in scenter with the soy candles.
Next year we are hoping to have Melodi go with Amberlea and I to make it "The Bradford Girls Day" at An Affair of the Heart.
Jett had been promised that if he didn't find anything at An Affair of the Heart we would go to Toys R Us for his "time to look" like Amberlea and Grandmom had. It was fun to watch him try to decide what he would purchase. Did Amber and I look the same way doing our looking??? I'm sure we did!
Pablano Grill sounded like a good choice for lunch especially since I had never been there. A delicious Mexican lunch was what we had!
Thanks Amberlea and Jett for a wonderful day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment